Father and brothers are selling ancestral land Father and brothers are selling ancestral land

Hi dear lawyers,

My Father and brothers are planning to sell ancestral land.
We have ancestral land in Haryana that my father inherited from my great-grandfather.
I went to my father and asked about my share, he is saying that they will not give me any share in the ancestral land.
My father is giving all the land to my brothers and my brothers will immediately sell it.

Can they sell all the land without my consent?
What should I do, if they sell it without my consent?
What action should I take?

Please guide me.

You can file a partition suit against them to get your shares in property. And you can also file a restraining order against your father and brothers, so they can't do anything with the land.

You have to file partition suit immediately and you will get a defined share and you may file interim application restraining your father and brother from alienating ancestral properties till disposal of partition suit.

question iconAgreement on white paper
Dear Sir, It is not a fully valid document, but it has only 10 to 20% weightage in the eye of law. The aggrieved siblings may approach the civil court.
question iconRelated to flat owner
Dear Sir, There is no law to support you but u can take help of the police or Deputy Commissioner/Collector of your district since u r a student so some sympathy may be shown towards you.
question iconProperty owner of 1/4
Dear Sir, The property which is in possession of joint family members the following principles will apply. ------------------ Right To Joint Possession And Right of Pre-emption The right of 'pre-empti...
question iconInheritance of mothers property
Section 15 in The Hindu Succession Act, 1956 15. General rules of succession in the case of female Hindus.— (1) The property of a female Hindu dying intestate shall devolve according to the rules set...
question iconCar parking space - rent
Dear Client You can write a formal complaint to the Resident Welfare Association if after that nothing changed then you can file a written compliant to the police station of your local jurisdiction....