Q. Land share issues

Placeholder image

Banu Pm

posted 6 months ago

Q.Land share issues
my late grandmother gave 1lakh to his brother with condition that she can take over his share of agricuture land in case of loan not repayed,she got the land added to her pass book and was in her possession from1983 to 1999,After grandmothers death my father got the land passbook transferred to him in 2002,now in 2017 grandmothers brother kids came claiming their share in the agriculture land which was in our control for last 30 years.
Could you please clarify below ?
1 ) How can my father have this entire land which he was doing agriculture ?
2) In EC we still see both mygrandmother and his brother name ,land is in our control as my grandmother's brother never turned up after taking loan and his kids as well took 1 lakh as part of settlemnt in 1999 ,my father was failed to do registration ,In 2017 my grandmothers kids came asking for their share as their father still show in EC,how can we protect us from this ?

3 ) Recently I read that according limitation act 1963,the other person cannot claim he does fail case for 12 years,please find below url of TOI.

Please do not provide your contact details here. We share your contact details on demand from the client.

Your Registration is Incomplete. Please Complete the Registration

Sorry, Your Profile is not activated.

Sorry, You can't respond to the Question as your account has been blocked.

Response is Required

Response should be with in 4294967295 characters

~ and ` characters are not allowed

Symbols are not allowed (Excluding #)

# Symbols is required

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar Retired Judge

Experience: 34 Year(s)

Responded 6 months ago

View All Answers

A. ) dear sir,
it is a complicated case as such you may approach local lawyer with documents.

Reply is Required

Reply should be less than 4294967295 characters.

Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us