Hindu Succestion Act for daughter Hindu Succestion Act for daughter

5 years ago

My mom & dad both expired in oct 1999 & oct 2005 respectively. My Nani expired on April 2008. My nani is having 5 childerns incluning my mom. 3 girls &2 boys. Now only mama are alive. I want to know we (grand daughter of nani's ) are still coparcer for this property (1 rooms in chawl). Mama said that he will not give any share of the property because my mom is dead & we dont hv right on this property now. Kindly suggest we hv right or not as per Hindu Succession act, 2005.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

A.Shall I issue a legal notice on your behalf TO YOUR MAMA CLAIMING PARTITION THEN FILE A SUIT FOR PARTITION. Please Consult management of Vidhikarya.

A.Yes. You have legal right in the property as coparcer under the Hindu Succession Law and as per land mark judgement of Apex Court. Instead of waiting to your mama, better to take advice & help of a property lawyer from panel of Vidhikarya claim your share of property & protect your interest quickly.

GANESH SHARMA

A.Daughter of pre deceased daughter means your mom should die before your nani. That is basically pre deceased meaning. You r a copercenar.

GANESH SHARMA

A.Yes as per the scheduled of succession act daughter of predeceased daughter is heir and coparcenar in the property. You and entitled

Anonymous

Replied 5 years ago

Act says daughter should be alive on 2005. Its no matter when she born before or after 2005. Is it true? Because my mom was die on 1999. Still i m coparcenar for the property or not.

question iconRight to property
Dear Client, Property inherited by will and gift are not ancestral properties and a share in that property cannot be claimed as a matter of right. As per the Hindu Succession Act, 1956, any Hindu may...
question iconDiscontinuance petition related query
Dear Client, An Encumbrance Certificate or (EC) is a certificate of assurance that the concerned property is free from any legal liability (as confirmed by a court order) or financial liability (if do...
question iconSahakari Bank Boja showing on 7-12
Dear Client, The borrowers are personally held liable for their debts in case of any default on their part in repayment of loans pledging their flats as collateral security. A society or association h...
question iconHow to enable a senior citizen get access to their property post final decree
Dear Client, When your aged mother is entitled to a share in the property based on a decree of partition suit, nobody can deprive her right to the said property. Apart from the civil suit for declara...
question iconRegistered sale deed dated August 1989
Dear Client, The Sale Deed is the ultimate proof of the transfer of property ownership. It is a legal requirement under the Indian Registration Act, 1908. It safeguards both parties against frauds and...