Can the minor girl grandchild claim the property of deceased paternal grandmother & alive father Can the minor girl grandchild claim the property of deceased paternal grandmother & alive father

My husband aged 35 has filed a divorce 5 years ago and was unwilling to provide any property to our girl child aged 6 years.. he has transferred all his properties on his mother before filing the divorce.
However, an year ago his mother has died with Corona. Can our girl child claim the share in their property as all the grandmother's property will be automatically inherited to my husband as she is deceased... If yes, can you suggest ahead??



Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers
A.Dear client, in my humble suggestion, if the property is ancestral, then it will ultimately devolve upon your daughter.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconBigamy - still in the process of divorce
Dear client, It is advisable for you to file a case u/s 498A IPC subjecting to cruelty. You can also file a case for the maintenance of your son. Hope it helps.
question iconReturn of belongings during divorce court case
Hello Client, 1. You simply ask them to return back all your belongings. if they deny then, 2. You may Lodge an F.I.R. against your husband and in-laws under section 498A, Domestic Violence and for...
question iconMaintenance - working women can claim maintenance
Dear Client The answer to this question is yes but then it depends upon the earnings of both the husband and the wife.
question iconChild Maintenance when wife lives abroad
Dear Sir, Since child has attended age of majority your responsibilities over as child can earn his own livelihood moreso the child is residing outside the India as such you are not bound to pay any m...
question iconInterfaith marriage
Dear Sir, to avoid future consequences it is better to register as single as earlier marriage was not registered under special marriage act.