I got married in 2014 in India I got married in 2014 in India

I got married in 2014 in India. We both were Indian citizens then and our marriage is registered in India. Now we both are British Citizens and reside in the UK. What is the process to get a divorce? Do we need to file in India or this can be settled in the UK? If settled in the UK, will it be recognised in India and do I need to do any other paperwork? Kindly suggest, please. Thank you.

A.Dear client, in my humble suggestion, yes, it is possible to obtain a divorce decree from an Indian marriage in the USA. However, the system is also subject to private international laws, regulations, and principles that are distinct from the Indian legal system.

question iconBigamy - still in the process of divorce
Dear client, It is advisable for you to file a case u/s 498A IPC subjecting to cruelty. You can also file a case for the maintenance of your son. Hope it helps.
question iconReturn of belongings during divorce court case
Hello Client, 1. You simply ask them to return back all your belongings. if they deny then, 2. You may Lodge an F.I.R. against your husband and in-laws under section 498A, Domestic Violence and for...
question iconMaintenance - working women can claim maintenance
Dear Client The answer to this question is yes but then it depends upon the earnings of both the husband and the wife.
question iconChild Maintenance when wife lives abroad
Dear Sir, Since child has attended age of majority your responsibilities over as child can earn his own livelihood moreso the child is residing outside the India as such you are not bound to pay any m...
question iconInterfaith marriage
Dear Sir, to avoid future consequences it is better to register as single as earlier marriage was not registered under special marriage act.