Alimony / One Time Settlement Clause in Settlement Deed Alimony / One Time Settlement Clause in Settlement Deed

In the settlement agreement with the bride, we have inserted following clause in settlement deed.
The second party has agreed to pay INR 1.5 Lacs by Mode of DD as one time settlement / alimony which is acceptable by First party amicably

Can this be challengeable in court of law ?? Can more demand for alimony be claimed if annual income of groom is around 6 lacs and bride also earns around 2.4 lacs per annum

Adv Chakrapani Madupu

A.It is better interest that you have your MOU drafted by a professional so that you can overcome any later issues of settlements legally

question iconHusband negligence in marriage
Dear Madam, You have many options under domestic Violence Act or file 498A IPC complaint or file 125 CRPC application claiming maintenance for yourself and your child.
question iconsecond marriage - can a Hindu male in Kerala
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, without taking divorce, no marriage can happen legally. If done, one is said to commit the offence of bigamy.
question iconI got married in 2014 in India
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, yes, it is possible to obtain a divorce decree from an Indian marriage in the USA. However, the system is also subject to private international laws, regulations, and principles that are distinct from the Indian legal system.
question iconCan the minor girl grandchild claim the property of deceased paternal grandmother & alive father
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, if the property is ancestral, then it will ultimately devolve upon your daughter.
question iconMY filed filed RCR & MC
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, you can file for a suit of restitution of conjugal rights if this situation continues.