Call Back Request
+91-7604047602 Legal Blog For Students Free Legal Advice Lawyer Login

Q. Mental Harrassment from wife to husband and parents

sapna

Q.Mental Harrassment from wife to husband and parents
Hello All, this case is regarding my brother he is married since 10 months and not happy at all..it is a love marraige and after marraige she is frequently creating issues for my parents and brother..everyday fight..absue to mom..totally unpleasant climate and if my brother think of doing police complain or divorce she and her family threaten him by saying she will lodge false complain aginst my mom and make her go to jail..so my brother is feeling helpess..he is facing too much stress unable to work at office and also always freqent arguement at home..and also iys less than 1 yr so he is not understanding how to file divorce case when she is not ready for that..she is threatening him leave your parents and stay with me or i wont let u leave with anyone else..and regarding divorve also she keeps threatening my brother that being a girl she will win the case as law supports women first..so my brother is in terrible dilemma.please help..very are in a painful situation since so many months..

As a safeguard you are advised to ask your brother to get issue a legal notice denying all her anticipatory allegations and ask her to return to the matrimonial house, this avoids future complications and work as shield in future.

Thanks.

Sayaree Ganguly

A. ) Dear Client,
Your brother can't file a divorce case right now but just to keep your parents and him on the safe side, ask your mother to file a GD for domestic violence at the nearest police station against her daughter in law. This will just remain as a precautionary measure, in case your sister in law files any complaint in the police station, this will act as a piece of evidence.
After the completion of 1 year, ask your brother to file a divorce case on the grounds of cruelty.

Rajasekhar Chowdary.V

A. ) All the acts and law in favour of wives. So first know her intentions to leed life with her husband. Know what is the motive of her towards husband. First give conciliation with elders. Their marriage is only 10 months. He can't go for divorce single. Think all the situations and take step.

A. ) Dear Sapna,
Not an issue. Ask your brother to go to the local P.S. and lodge a complain on behalf of your parents against the wife.
In this case he shall be the defacto complainant. Make sure that such a a complain is drafted very nicely and puts such female in a position. Rightly so, you cannot claim divorce but your brothers mother can definitely file a case of domestic violence against their daughter in law u/s 12 of the PWDV Act.
There are a lot of other technical and non technical details which cannot be discussed here. Please consult me personally before you people land into any further trouble.
Adv. Shreyash Mohta

Malabika

A. ) I can give you relief if you contact me

A. ) If one year completed to the marriage then file divorce petition

Download the Clients App on

7604047602
505-A, Terminus Building,
Newtown, Action Area I,
Kolkata 700156

Certified by Startup India, DPIIT

startUpIndia

Payment secured by :

PayUMoney PayPal net banking
visa master maestro