Q. How to put pressure on husband for maintenance & Alimony.

Anonymous

question iconHow to put pressure on husband for maintenance & Alimony.

I have filed for divorce, husband agreed for mutual separation but doesn't want to pay me alimony. Thats why he's been mentally harassing me, so that i accept and leave him whatever he offering me. I have a property in my name gifted by him which he doesnt want to let go

Vaidehi  Samant

Vaidehi Samant

A.Putting pressure on husband for alimony is not legal and there is no provision in the law for anything such although you may demand any particular amount of alimony. Anyhow if you have property gifted by him in your name absolutely than it becomes you self acquired property which you do not need to give him back against your choice but in case you want to keep things peaceful and move on from a wrongful relationship then you may ask your husband to give you that much of the amount of the property at the current market price in return of property. For any further legal advice feel free to contact through Vidhikarya if you deem fit. Thank you.
If you have found this answer helpful than provide review and give*****as appreciation.

You can file an application in the case regarding the mental harassment done by the husband as you are asking for alimony. And yes husband has to pay alimony back during divorce in your case.
Thank You.

question iconNot knowing how to get out of a toxic relationship
Dear Client Sorry to know about your situation and pains that you are going through. If your marital relationship has turned so sour and your husband is neither cooperating with you nor he is living with you then it makes sense to dissolve the marriage and move on with your future. You can get the divorce on the grounds of cruelty and desertion by your husband. In all likelihood the custody of the child will remain with you.
question iconDivorce on basis of Cruelty
Dear Client Yes, a person can get divorce from the court of law due to the domestic violence if it is proved in the court. Domestic violence will be considered as cruelty by the hands of the spouse under Section 13(1)(ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955. You can get in touch with a good divorce lawyer to sort all your queries.
question iconReclaiming dowry gold from bride after got judgement that marriage is void
Dear Client This is a technically tricky question. When something is given as gift to the bride during the marriage then it becomes her Streedhan for ever and no body except the bride can claim over that. This is in case of a valid marriage. Now since the marriage is void and is nullified then will the gifts be considered as streedhan or not? This question can be answered by the hon'ble courts only. You should have tried to pray for returning of the gifts and jewelry in the current case itself.
question iconI have file divorce case will I have to pay maintenance to her
Dear Client Maintenance is to be paid by a spouse to the another spouse who is not earning and dies not have any means for livelihood. If you are jobless and she is earning and can support by that earning then you can file a case for maintenance in the local court.
question iconMarriage dissolution
After minimum one year continuous period of separation, both of you through joint petition before the Family Court/ District Judge/ Additional District Judge under whose jurisdiction you or your husband reside or marriage registration took place,can file Matrimonial Suit for mutual consent divorce and usually thereafter six months time is given to fix the date for evidence and if both the spouse adduce evidence in support of divorce,then judgment is given signifying dissolution of marriage and after drawing up of Decree, divorce will be completed.

7604047602