Annulment of marriage -  got married 5 months back Annulment of marriage - got married 5 months back

I got married 5 months back my husband is not behaving properly with me as like he has no interest in marriage after asking for reason several times he stated he didn't want to get married but got married because of his parents he is doing phd in one place and i am working in another state we haven't consummated our marriage also and he is just finding ways to avoid me even for a small friendly talk i want to apply for annulment will it be possible? i do not want to live with that person. I need advice legally. please do the needful

Subhashis Paul

Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers
A.You can file a suit for annulment against your husband before the Ld. Court of District Judge of your local jurisdiction. The case must be filed within completion of one year of marriage. You must consult an advocate for filing the matter at earliest.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconDivorce and abuse
Hi client, Immediately settle down at a place where you will be safe. File a contested divorce petition, followed by a maintenance and carry forward with 498A . Contact an advocate who expertises in...
question iconCancel mariage
Dear Client, if the marriage is not registered then he can marry another person but needs to make sure to let the first wife know.
question iconMental Harassment and torture
Dear Sir, Please take your wife for psychiatric treatment and medical check ups and if she attempts to commit suicide then lodge a police complaint and then file a divorce case.
question iconMy sister's husband is a fraud and abusive man
Dear Sir, Your sister can file multiple cases against him and get monthly maintenance for herself and her child or permanent alimony on divorce.
question iconhe does not accept the divorce notice
Dear Madam, CIVIL PROCEDURE CODE ORDER 5 RULE 17: Procedure when defendant refuses to accept service, or cannot be found— Where the defendant or his agent or such other person as aforesaid refuses...