Q. Divorce

Anonymous

Q.Divorce
While divorce proceedings are going on, if my wife claims that she is unable to fund the same. Will it be charged to me?
If necessary, how can I prolong the case so that they will agree to end it on my terms?
What will be the fees of lawyers? Is it per hearing or something lumpsum? Is there any standard rate for the same?

It all depends upon the profile of advocate you choose and if your wife unable to appoint advocate then exparte orders will be given.

Sayaree Ganguly

A. ) Dear Client,
If you wife is unable to finance the divorce proceeding charges and under such circumstances if you lose the case, you shall be liable to pay the maintenance or alimony and her litigation charges ( as she demands and the court is satisfied) which doesn't include the fees of the advocate.
Thanks.

A. ) Sir, during a divorce proceeding if your wife does not have the financial capacity to hire a lawyer then the court shall assign her a lawyer from the free legal aid department who work for such financially incapable persons who cannot afford the fees of a lawyer. Having that said, if the proceeding does not land in your favor then you shall be held liable to pay the following:

1. Maintenance [decided by court]
2. Alimony [decided by court] &
3. Costs [if any] {Decided by court}

Above that, you shall be liable to pay all costs incurred in such proceedings. However such costs do not include the costs and fees of the lawyer as it is best known to the client and the lawyer concerned which cannot be determined. However if the court feels fit it may direct you to pay some extra sum of money over and above the 3 points I have mentioned upon its own discretion.

A. ) during divorce proceedings, the wife can claim maintenance and litigation charges from husband after filing an application under section 24 of the act,
lawyer's fee depends upon various factors such as experience, location, case structure etc.
it can be lump sum as well as per hearing,
no specific standard rate list.

A. ) Approach to the district court legal aid department they will provide u tree lawyer